Vacancy: Senior Social Accountability / Local Advocacy Position – World Vision Middle East / Eastern Europe03/01/2013
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Field Support Director, this role will have three primary purposes:
- Networking across a diverse region, partnership, and external partners, so that our teams have access to learnings, innovation, knowledge, skills, and experiences;
- Generating learning through action learning and research through an evidence-based research and development framework, and
- Facilitate collaboration with NO programming for mutual benefit and CWB impact.
A central component of the role is to connect to internal and external stakeholders in LLALH, to generate learning through mapping and selecting aligned projects across WV Middle East/Eastern Europe Region (MEER) NOs, to transform learning to general NO program implementation with a focus on driving quality results, and to transmit learning to our people through an action oriented learning methodology. This position will lead these three functions with the aim to achieve the objective of increasing our impact on Child and Youth Well-being by increasing reflection, evidence-based review, effectiveness, and scale. The position also serves to intentionally create and support a learning environment within the region. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Strategy
- Ensure that the LLALH is impact driven by generating internal and external learning that strengthens NOs in their focus and capacity to successfully reach the partnership Global Targets and MEER and NO strategies.
- Ensure that the LLALH operates and is compliant to the principles outlined in the LH guidelines, such as inclusiveness, flexibility, adaptability and collaboration.
- The LLALH co-develops with its NO host terms of reference (TOR) with the aim to generate, transform and transmit learning into action and impact on CWB in MEER.
- Collaborate with Functional Leads and Directors to ensure that F&D, Sponsorship, Advocacy and HEA are integrated in LLALH designs, implementation plans, and selection of aligned projects, as appropriate.
- Contribute to a knowledge-management system for the overall LHs and be accountable for effective knowledge management for the LLALH. Generate Learning for impact
- Identify priority concepts according to the MEER LH guidelines for Testing and Validating Programming Approaches to explore and test priority models, methodology, and approaches, particularly systemic gaps.
- Conduct a mapping process, based on the research and development framework to select projects to align to LLALH in order to generate shared evidence and learning.
- Work alongside NO practitioners in the field to generate and capture learning through action learning methodologies.
- Responsible for internal and external networking and research to remain abreast of latest sectoral and thematic trends. Transform: The Transformation of learning into evidence-based practice
- Analyse, synthesize and transfer generated learning across aligned projects into refined programmatic approaches and models.
- Actively network and share learning across LHs, creating an open and fluid platform that will effectively disseminate information and ideas, and foster innovation.
- Create user-friendly mechanisms that can effectively transfer this knowledge to NOs to enhance their impact on CWB. Transmit: The transmission of refined evidence-based practice within MEER and external networks
- Disseminate and promote validated models and approaches through internal and external networks including GC, SOs and CoPs.
- Position models and evidence-based practice to fundraisers to strengthen our comparative advantage and position WV NOs as a credible thought leaders in key topics;
- Ensure evidence-based practice is available to build credibility and organizational reputation with governments to influence policy reforms and practice
- Establish and/or enhance partnerships with coalitions, donors, universities and thought leaders, to stimulate programmatic experimentation and scale-up.
- Working with NOs and RO to provide advice and support to scale-up models through assistance with fundraising initiatives
- Provide initial coaching and technical linkages for NOs during first round of scale-up of validated models. Program Design and Management (where applicable)
- Supervise design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of LLALH initiatives that are aligned with strategy.
- Prepare and submit reports to senior management and donors
- Manage regional projects as appropriate
- Manage and oversee budgets. Leadership (where applicable)
- Mentor, coach and manage performance of LLALH team.
- Provide on-going mentoring and advice for NO staff engaged in LLALH.
- Maintain awareness of the activities of other DLI team members to provide mutual support.
- Create a team culture and foster behaviors that take intelligent risks, and reflect on intelligent failures
- Provide limited technical leadership and input as requested and defined by bounded TOR and agreed to by FSD.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: REQUIRED:
- M.A. or higher degree in Development Studies, Politics, Law, International studies
- Knowledge in Local Level Advocacy international standards
- Knowledge in programming resources and tools in Local Level Advocacy programming
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving, negotiation, collaborative and influencing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Experience in management of/consultancy on LLA and/or LLA programmes at a national or regional level
- Experience in LLA programming in developing countries
- Significant leadership experience in an international organization
- Demonstrated experience in program or project design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Experience in working in MEER countries